Sunday, February 1, 2009

Architectural Photography


After I bought my first house, my Coldwell Banker Realtor suggested I start working with her to photograph her listings and assist her in marketing the properties. This partnership developed over the course of several years and I quickly began landing new assignments from other Realtors.

I am working currently on assignment with Alain Pinel Realty and have been photographing some beautiful Coastside properties in El Granada, Miramar and Moss Beach (San Mateo County, California).
Photographing a house always has its set of challenges whether it be how to capture a beautiful view, make the most of modest architecture, or showcase a narrow space. There are lots of tricks to making a room look attractive.

Using natural light to "warm" the room, showing vaulted ceilings or beautiful flooring to convey the breadth of space, or simply including the color of a flower arrangement can really add to an image.
One property has especially grabbed my attention as it is built directly on the breakwater at the edge of the Pacific Ocean. The back patio is suspended 150 feet above the rocky beach below and is complete with its own stairway access. It's a remarkable property and one of the many reasons I enjoy these assignments so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment