Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Tended Garden

Morning In The Fairy Garden
When the warm wind blows
and warms my skin
and the sun sinks in and
heats my bones
the air goes still and my
breath is quiet

Let the day
take me
where I belong
and drift up
into the sky
so blue
and wake my heart
to my soul
so true
and hear a voice carry
my life
and watch and guide
and watch and sigh

And let me drift
back to the ground
and feel the sun
and the soft surround
whisper me quiet
and whisper me sleep
and pray the Lord
my soul to keep

Now I watch my garden grow
the care and time
only they will know
my faith and trust
in them I’ve kept
the dew off petals
they have wept

And time changes their
every thing
and in my soul
their radiance sings
forever be true,
forever be strong
and in my heart
they will live as long
my mind’s eye sees
the dewy delight
and the glow I see
in the morning light

The vision stays
and I hold it near
And together we pray
An invisible tear

No comments:

Post a Comment